Userpic

martina123
Traveller
0 comments

Posted 1 year ago

Can I buy Balkan Flexipass right before my travel? I would like to start my travel in one week. And if yes, where is it possible? Every train station in those Balkan countries? And where can I please find current price list? Thank you

Follow this topic
Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1333 comments

replied 1 year ago

Use google-I had reult with that. SHOULD be for sale at major stations=where they have the full range of INternational ticketing in countries concerned. And DO note in RO only valid on a few local trains by TransRegio (CFR has stepped out) and NO trains at all via borders to Serbije/Bosnia/Mecedonia/Greece. So effectively the pass is worthless.
TODAY-only you can still get the 50% discount on InterRail 1 - 2 - 3 month global-includes hence also trip to/fro home-could be better value-but the NO trains over border will still apply.

Userpic

Spas
Traveller
7 comments

replied 1 year ago

In Bulgaria you can buy it in Sofia, Plovdiv and other stations with international desk in BG, but remember: no trains to Bosnia, no trains between Sofia and Belgrade, no trains between Belgrade and Thessaloniki, no trains between Sofia and Thessaloniki, no trains between Belgrade and Budapest. In Bulgaria and Serbia the normal tickets are so cheap that such a pass is useless.
In the following link you can see the prices, but note that for foreign nationals it might be more expensive(not sure).
https://p.bdz.bg/www/b/a/balkan-flexipass-2021-2022-2721.pdf

Userpic

Spas
Traveller
7 comments

replied 1 year ago

If you go use it in Greece, you pay 20 euro reservation for Thessaloniki - Athens(normal ticket costs 45 euro but there is a discout when you buy online or a return journey). See the prices of tickets in each country and decide if it is worth it.
There is a night train to Turkey, but for trains in Turkey I can not give you info.
Hope I was helpful.