Userpic

greengro
Traveller
1 comments

Posted 1 year ago

Hi Folks

I struggling a little to get pricing and need some help with this itinerary.

July 5th Copenhagen to Odense

Travel via land / sea to Gotenburg

July 13 Gotenburg to Mora

July 15 Mora to Ssterund

July 16 Osterund to Arvidsjuar

July 17 Arvidsjuar to Gallivare

July 18 No travel

July 19 Gallivare to Narvik

July 20 Narvik to Stockholm (Night Train- would like to book a whole compartment if possible)

It is 2 adults and 2 children (12 + 15 ) travelling.

I believe there is two options to pay for this:

1) Purchase 2 Inlandsbanan Cards (as there is no charge for our 12 & 15 year olds) to pay for the Mora to Gallivare stretch,

and purchase the other tickets as needed.

2) Purchase 2 youth and 2 adult Global Interrail 7 day passes.

The problem with this is I am struggling to find out how much extra I would need to pay on the sleeper from Narvik to Stockholm.

Can you please let me know which option is best.

Any help here would be very much appreciated

Follow this topic
Userpic

Arend7
Traveller
589 comments

replied 1 year ago

My intuition says take the pass. I have not calculated it, but it is at least more convenient. And also valid at Inlandsbahnen (exlc. 50 SEK /5 EUR for reservation seats p.p.). The costs of the night train you can figure out at www.sj.se. When you have to put in the persons you see in blue "SJ Prio/pendl-biljett". You can change that in "Interrail/Eurail" by clicking on it. You need a pass number. That can be an old one (only don't use it at the trip itself). If you haven't an old one take VZPN2Q (an expired one of myself)

Userpic

greengro
Traveller
1 comments

replied 1 year ago

Thank you so much Arend7. The interrail pass number helped me to calculate the prices correctly.
Because I am looking to book berths in couchette/sleeping car of the Narvik to Stockholm night train, this reduced the effect of the interrail pass for this part of the journey. Also the Inlandsbanan Cards helped reduce the cost from Mora to Gallivare (as the kids go free) so in the end interrail was more expensive for this trip. But at least now I know. Thank you again for your help and advice, its really appreciated :)

Userpic

Arend7
Traveller
589 comments

replied 1 year ago

my pleasure