Userpic

LeKiHa
Traveller
2 comments

Posted 2 years ago

Hello,
I'm planing our greece trip and trying to find connections in Greece, but the search engine on the TrainOSE website doesn't show me a single connection? Does anybody know why or how to find a train or bus connection in greece?

Thank you

Follow this topic
Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1345 comments

replied 2 years ago

It will only list single trips. You have to search for every trip-after each change-apart. This is GR and a former state-run, since sold to TrenItalia utter burocratic employment project, not a thing that is intended to be of much help to pax.
Also most likely you search based on an antique map or guidebook -many minor and also some major lines have completely installed. Greeks use the BUS=KTEL to go around. A railpass is of very little use. The only line of use is north-south Athinai=Thessaloniki, with a few branches. NO INTernat at all anymore. And obviously no island will have trains going to.
In most cases -ever heard of google? -do like transprot from A to B and always the same sites will come first: rome2rio and omio. Use these to get an idea of what is available-then search for the real sites. And; most often its impossible to prebook or online-just ask daddy how he did it 20 yrs ago.

Userpic

LeKiHa
Traveller
2 comments

replied 2 years ago

Many thanks for your response! Yes, of course I know Google, I even used it ;) , but they show me the Tansone website. Then it will probably be a little surprise trip.

Userpic

smftrain
Traveller
1 comments

replied 1 year ago

TrainOSE is currently updating its schedules for the new Summer schedule from mid June onwards, afaik. Try searching trains maybe 1-2 weeks later. I have the same problem now. Otherwise, try using ÖBB-Scotty (which works for almost entire Europe) and select an older schedule.