Userpic

Nejc
Traveller
3 comments

Posted 1 year ago

Hy,
I can’t figure out if I can take my bike with me on a train or no. How do I make sure that I won’t have to leave it behind. There isn’t ani buttons for reservations

Follow this topic
Userpic

ReiseEnte
Traveller
3 comments

replied 1 year ago

I think you need to check the website of each country's train company. There is usually a button for bicycles when looking for a connection. But there are also countries where it is not possible to take bicycles on the train at all.

Where do you want to travel?

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 1 year ago

Hi!

Like already said - you have to check out the schedule planners of each railwax you want to travel to separately.
In general, it is easier/cheaper to take the bike on local trains compared to long distance trains.

In the end it all depends on your route. Where do you want to go to?

Flo

Userpic

Nejc
Traveller
3 comments

replied 1 year ago

I would like to go from trieste to bari italy
And Nobody knows how to help mee with the bike. I don’t see any markings for bikes on websites with routs.

Userpic

Nejc
Traveller
3 comments

replied 1 year ago

I have a train from trieste italy to bologna on 10.5. 07:21 a.m. train 584 IC (i think this one has space for bikes)

And the other train from bologna to bari 12:00 time train 607 IC for which i don’t know if i can board with a bike ?? Please help
And the other train

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 1 year ago

Go to trenitalia.com

Look for your connection: Trieste to Bari on May 10; you will find the connection with IC 584 and IC 607 (0721 to 1858).
Select the connection and go to "see other offers".
Select a ticket type, then proceed, on the next screen you can add a bike reservation.

If you have a ticket already, I dont know how you can book a bike reservation only on the website - probably this is only possible locally at a train station.

Flo

Userpic

Nejc
Traveller
3 comments

replied 1 year ago

Thankyou that is helpful :)