Userpic

mioritamamili
Traveller
3 comments

Posted 1 year ago

Hi, I need help to really start my journey with this Eurail Scandinavia pass. I never had one and I tried to search for "My trip" and add to the days/nights I want to travel. I am stuck in "Narvik" on my planning to the point of: "who wants this anyway?" too much hassle. I am planning to go from Stockholm to Narvik. From there, by bus to Svolvaer. Stay 2 days. Are you following? I thought returning to Narvik is the best idea, but I booked already 4 nights in Bergen today, and all have changed. the trip was not there as I planned it. How can I get there? I did try to get from Narvik by bus to Bodoe but it is a very long trip. Can somebody Help Me? Thanks.
My question is: How can I make it from Narvik to Bergen leaving on May 31, arriving in Bergen on June 1st by train? Is it possible?

Follow this topic
Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1333 comments

replied 1 year ago

NO this is NOT possible by TRAIN-as -just look at a dcent map- the train from/to Nvk goes via Sverige-to DStockholm and then its to Oslo and then west ward to Bergen=end of the line. SO-as there is mostly just 1 dap/day for people from Nvk-arr STO next morning-ass Oslo late arvo/early eve (there may again be works or other nasty things) and ar B next morning=day 3.
Better go to community.eurail.com for more info and quicker. You have likely landed on this due to its higher up on google
Try norwegian for cheap/ish flites if you are so hung up about the hostels.

Userpic

mioritamamili
Traveller
3 comments

replied 1 year ago

Thank you very much!

Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
896 comments

replied 1 year ago

The normal route out of Narvik to get onto the Norwegian rail network is the bus at 07:00 to Fauske. This takes over 5 hours. There is a train connection to Tromso, then a night train to Oslo, and finally the morning train to Bergen arriving mid afternoon. You can see why the locals fly.....

Userpic

mioritamamili
Traveller
3 comments

replied 1 year ago

Thank you very much! I appreciate it!

Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
896 comments

replied 1 year ago

Sorry, I was concentrating on other things, NOT Tromso but Trondheim!!!

Userpic

Arend7
Traveller
586 comments

replied 1 year ago

I think nltrainer means also Trondheim. His advise then fits, Tromso however is north of Narvik, there are no trains at all

Userpic

mioritamamili
Traveller
3 comments

replied 1 year ago

I got that. Understood what he meant. Thank you! I am still debating. I bought a Eurail class 1 pass. the trips I plan, do not match and it is such a drag! They do not have good customer service and I cannot get a refund. I also booked accommodations In several places and I do depend on a realistic train pass. I thank you for reading my messages. any advice helps.

Userpic

Arend7
Traveller
586 comments

replied 1 year ago

I 100% agree with your comment about the customer service of Eurail/Interrail. Only a roBOT which at every answer says "I am still learning", "rephrase you question" No telephone number, no E-mail adress. Only directions to FAQ or the community (let custometrs do your work) etc. Terrible.