Userpic

Jacobnoer
Traveller
3 comments

Posted 1 year ago

Hello!

The route with night train from Sofia to Istanbul would suit me so well, however, I am not sure if it is even existing anymore?

As you can see, the route appears on the Interrail website, however, it is not on rail Planner app, and i can not really find the route or reservation when browsing. I think it is very bad if it is on the website, but the route is closed?

Thank you

Attachment Image
Follow this topic
Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 1 year ago

Hi!

I dont use the rail planner app since it is rubbish for more exotic connections and so on.

The night train Sofia - Istanbul has been suspended for a long time (due to covid basically) but has resumed service on April 25.
More information including schedule (PDF, scroll down) here: https://www.bdz.bg/bg/a/sofiya-istanbul-sofiya

Reservations are only available locally in Bulgaria at ticket offices of larger train stations (Sofia for example).

Any information about how your trip went would be highly appreciated.

Flo

Userpic

Jacobnoer
Traveller
3 comments

replied 1 year ago

Wauw flo, that is so interesting. Thank you so much!

I am planning on going by this train no earlier than in 2 months.

I am really wondering, where you get all this information? I would love to know more about that.

Also, how can I make sure, that my interrail-pass is valid on this route, so I will only have to pay for the reservation?

Greetings
Jacob