Userpic

FoodEater
Traveller
1 comments

Posted 1 year ago

Could you please help me to plan the train trip (if possible) from Belgrade to Banja Luka? I am looking for the information and find it to be kind of controversial.

Is there a direct train? If no, maybe I could take train from Belgrade to Sarajevo and take local train to Banja Luka?

Thank you!

Follow this topic
Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 1 year ago

Hi!

There has been no train service between Belgrade and Sarajevo (or any other point in Bosnia-Herzegovina) for many years know (the direct train has been withdrawn about ten years ago).
You´ll have to get a bus at least to Sarajevo, from where you can normally take a train to Banja Luka (there should be a train in the morning and in the evening); however due to covid these have been withdrawn too and I am not sure if they have been reinstated yet.
Either look for a direct bus to Banja Luka straightaway or check locally in Sarajevo and the decide whether to go by bus or train. No problem to check everything locally at the bus stations; to get an impression about the timetable etc have a look at getbybus.com or busticket4.me - or check at bas.rs/en (attention, if you want to look for Banja Luka you have to select "Serbian Republic"...)

Flo

Userpic

FoodEater
Traveller
1 comments

replied 1 year ago

Thank you very much, Flo! You helped a lot