Userpic

neama
Traveller
1 comments

Posted 1 year ago

Hi,

does anyone have an idea, is it possible to spontaneously interrail from mid june to mid july? Am I gonna be homeless if I don't book accommodation in advance? :D I would really love to go with the flow but I think my time slot ain't the best one for that...

Follow this topic
Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1324 comments

replied 1 year ago

Its not now or never. Its just as with cheap train/air tickets: the longer you wait, the smaller the choice and the higher the cost.
But DO be aware that many ´private´ hoStels that were very much there <covid have been forced to close, so even now the choice is much less as it used to be. Plus that the tipical rail-pass-newbee all want to go to exactly the same places with hard to get seat REServations for long-distance hi-speed trains in between=means these must also be ordered advance. In some countries in East-EUR where there used to ba an awful lot of such hoStels many are now used to temporarily house Ukraynian refugees.
But on the common sites like booking or hostelworld you can always check what is still open for your place and book easily online-untill the day before-with caveat 1