Userpic

neama
Traveller
1 comments

Posted 1 year ago

I am interrailing one month between June and July 2022. I want to see EVERYTHING so my problem is that I think I am picking too many cities for my trip.

My rough plan is Amsterdam (3-4 days) - Brussels (1-2 days) - Paris as a stop - London (3-4 days). Then I have 4-5 days and I wanted to see Edinburg, Dublin and Madrid, of course flying from Edingburg to Dublin and Dublin to Madrid. From Madrid I will go to Barcelona for 2-3 days. The next 7 days at least I would be spending in Italy, where I would go at least meet friends in Sardinia and Rome. Then I would want to go to Salzburg and maybe somewhere else before I end to Berlin.

Is it worth it to be only one day in one city? I possibly want to stay at one place little longer and then take day trips like from Amsterdam to Cologne or Rome to Naples etc. because I want to stay in one hostel longer to possibly make friends. What would you recommend if you have been interrailing?

I got one month paid vacation from work and I do not know if there is ever going to be a time in my life I could do this again and that's why I want, and also feel like I should now do as much as possible.

Follow this topic
Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
907 comments

replied 1 year ago

Assuming the number of days quoted includes travel time this is an insane plan. You won't see everything, you'll barely see the areas around the railway stations. What do you mean by "Paris as a stop" - do you expect to do anything worthwhile in a few hours? If you cut out UK, Ireland and Spain and forget the "somewhere else" between Salzburg and Berlin it might become closer to sensible. And in answer to you other post, August is peak season in Europe.

Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1334 comments

replied 1 year ago

Above is the standard ´as it should be ´answer. YOU probably want to hear something like: its OK-just do it. You are completely free to do as you ant and spend on awful lot of money in rushing around. Its clear to anyone that a world-class city like Pisa or Alghero cannot be ´done´ in 1 day-but you may get the taste of where to come back when you are old and out of work and have enough time&money.

Userpic

neama
Traveller
1 comments

replied 1 year ago

Hey thank you for this! I wasn’t looking an approvement for my current plan. I needed more like an answer from someone who actually has travelled and knows a bit how it is and can you do much in one day. Bc in my country, in any city you’ll see everything in a one day. So I was maybe looking for an answer that says like ”i spend one day at place x and i wish i didn’t have to leave so I wouldn’t do that again” or ”one day at this small city might just be enough if you make it count”. And what comes to Paris as a stop I meant like spending few hours there before changing a train, because I really don’t want to see that town, only a little bit.