Userpic

alex1973
Traveller
0 comments

Posted 1 year ago

Hi there,
I would like to travel with my family from Milano to Palermo by Nighttrain, but I am unsure how to make the reservation for the sleeper and how much this costs. When I check the website of the italian rail company - trenitalia - I get the option to book sleeper cabins for two and three persons - but prices include always the ticket and the sleeper reservation. Furthermore the price difference between fare with seat reservation and price with sleeper differentiates depending on the fare - eg. base or super economy. The interrail websites do not have have the posibilty to play around and check the price out nor do I know how to reserve a group. The website only give info for seat reservation and only for one person but I want to travel with my family - together- taking in consideration discounts for kids, etc.
Can someone let me know how I can find this out?

Follow this topic
Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1334 comments

replied 1 year ago

When?
As for now Italy in general maintains about the very strictest covid-measures of all EUR. This also means that sleepers are ONLY available for ´closed groups´ and have to be reserved a special way (I assume also have to show covid green pass and all that). CanNOT be done online. And in any case REServations-for whatever type, canNOT be done onine via Tr-It with passes. There is a sneeky workaround via the site of OeBB.at to do.
I asked first WHEN as noone knows how longs this is to last-and assume you are worries about summer and not tomorrow.
Tipically sleeper-coupes have 3 beds above each (in 1st only 2 are used), some compartmts are interlinked-and meant for families. Small childern up to?? can sleep ´for free´ if they share the bunk of a parnet-but that is generla and agian I dk if this holds for now