Userpic

ReiseEnte
Traveller
3 comments

Posted 1 year ago

Ich will im September mt dem Zug nach Albanien reisen.

Geplant ist über Wien und Budapest nach Belgrad zu fahren. Von Belgrad würde ich die schöne Zugstrecke nach Montenegro nehmen und von Podgorica mit dem Bus nach Tirana fahren.
Die Verbindung von Budapest nach Belgrad wird auf den Online Seiten der lokalen Bahnunternehmen nicht angezeigt. Jetzt habe ich glesesn die Strecke wird wohl gerade umgebaut und man solle über Kroation fahren.
Nach Zagreb komme ich, aber auch von Zagreb scheint es keinen Zug Richtung serbien zu geben.

Weiß jemand was da los ist oder hat Tipps für mich wie ich mit dem Zug nach Belgrad komme?
Über Hinweise wäre ich sehr dankbar.

Follow this topic
Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1324 comments

replied 1 year ago

There is-as for now simply NO train-except that toward Black Mountains=Cerna Gora to/fro Beograd. All major raillines in RS are under repair-long overdue since Yugoslavija broke down. IF you are one of those tipical ´I want it all on the rails´ types-than wait a few yrs, if not and you are practical, go by bus or whatever takes your fancy. Thus: forget about using any pass for this-its just a waste of money
(BTW-yesterday eve at DÜsseldorf Bus-station I saw a bus from Albania-and also 1 from Kosovo-offering direct links.

Userpic

ReiseEnte
Traveller
3 comments

replied 1 year ago

What a pitty. Between 2015 and 2018 I was on my way to Montenegro and Bulgaria three times by train in Beograd. Those were always very nice train rides. The old Belgrede railway station has always been the gateway to the Balkans for me. Hopefully the renovation will be completed soon.

Yes, I also found a bus from Hanover to Tirana. But I don't feel like sitting in a bus for 44 hours. I don't like bus rides.

I will probably go to Italy by train and from Bari to Albania by ferry.

Userpic

Spas
Traveller
7 comments

replied 1 year ago

You can go by high quality trains to until Zagreb. There is for example a sleeper train Munich - Zagreb or you can take a day train also. Then take a bus Zagreb - Belgrade and again the train to Montenegro.
You may also continue with a train until Vincovci, which is the Serbian border and look up for a bus from Vinkovci to Belgrade.