Userpic

saraonb
Traveller
3 comments

Posted 2 years ago

Hello,

I am planning to go from Copenhagen to Paris by train.
I have read and done some research on the available options. From my understanding, the best itineraries possible are:
* Copenhagen --- Hamburg --- Mannheim ---Paris OR
* Copenhagen --- Hamburg --- Cologne ---Paris

Since I have read that there are some reported delays with Deutsh Bahn, I want to book my trips individually.
I managed to find a convenient time for the first part of the trip (Copenhagen --- Hamburg) but I am still trying to sort out the rest.
I was wondering if the following trip seems reasonable for you (especially the transfer time in Cologne).

IC 393
from Koebenhavn H
To Hamburg Hbf
Dep Fri, 06.05.2022 07:17 o'clock
Arr Fri, 06.05.2022 12:04 o'clock

ICE 79
from Hamburg Hbf
To Karlsruhe Hbf
Dep Sat, 07.05.2022 14:24 o'clock
Arr Sat, 07.05.2022 19:09 o'clock
Transfer time: 23 Min.
TGV 9570
from Karlsruhe Hbf
To Paris Est
Dep Sat, 07.05.2022 19:32 o'clock
Arr Sat, 07.05.2022 22:05 o'clock

Many thanks for your help! ! ^^

Sarah,

Follow this topic
Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1334 comments

replied 2 years ago

IF you mean booking separate=tickets for just THAT setcor apart-then this is dumb. DO, repeat DO try to book (though I dont know if its even possible-probably not) to do in 1 go-as THEN you are covered by the EU rules that the railway causing the delay has to assist you and rebook etc. DB usually does-in fact by the 1000s every day. That change in KA is by far a very risky one.

Userpic

Arend7
Traveller
589 comments

replied 2 years ago

Why wait so long for the 14:42 in Hamburg. There are also options at 12:28 (arrival Karlsruhe 18:52, and if you miss that one you can catch it up with the 13:24. With the last train you have one change more, but it stops far more less (that's why it's catching up).

Userpic

saraonb
Traveller
3 comments

replied 2 years ago

Hello Arend, thank you for your reply.
It's because I am afraid the 20 min transfer in Hamburg won't be enough. And the next train from Hamburg to karlsruhe at 13:24 has an intermediate transfer so probably more prone to delays. Again, I have no idea about the usual delays with DB?! which is why I wanted to seek advice. Anyway I have been looking at options and it looks like I will have to take the risk at one of the correspondences..

Userpic

saraonb
Traveller
3 comments

replied 2 years ago

Hi nltrainer, thanks for your reply.

Do you mean book in the same ticket? It is still the same rides with the same company so I think it is more the specifications of the ticket type that make it modifiable, I might be wrong..

Userpic

Arend7
Traveller
589 comments

replied 2 years ago

I think you are afraid of 3 missing connections (law of Murphy) on a row. In Hamburg (in your example it is on 2 different days arr. 6/5, depart 7/5, but I will assume it is the same day) where you than have to take the13:24, then in Frankfurt (20 min. changing time) and than in Karlsruhe (changing time 34 minutes). Train delays happen in DE a lot, but not so much. And when there is, connecting trains wait some times (but not every time). You should warn the train staff if this occur.

Userpic

saraonb
Traveller
3 comments

replied 2 years ago

You are right, it's a mistake for the first train, it will be on the 7th

Thanks for your answers :)) I think I will need to take a leap of faith at some point ^^