Userpic

IdaSc
Traveller
1 comments

Posted 2 years ago

Hi, I am a EU citizen, who wants to travel with the German Rail Pass from Hamburg to München with the ÖBB Nightjet.
The two companies co-operate, but how much do I save on my reservation for a sleeper? Do I only pay for the reservation of the bed or is it more expensive? Anyone with experience? Thanks in advance!

Follow this topic
Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1335 comments

replied 2 years ago

Has been asked&answered a few times on comunity.eurail.com, works also for IR and is since some monthes much more active as this forum.
Look search for seewulf and follow his advice.
From what I got, it is then a fixed surcharge (about 15€/seat, 30 for Liege or >50-60 for those sleepers, which are often very hard to get due to demand. But normal NJ prices vary with day of week and demand. I have however also noted that on some days (but from Paris) there were NO offers for Passholders but still & very expensive places for normal tickets.
If you are german and specific railfan (unlikely then to use this site) post in /de/ on drehscheibe-online-there sit the real experts in any tiny improbably prinzipienreiterei case for DB and all its german tickets.

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9331 comments

replied 2 years ago

Hi and welcome.
The German rail pass is not available for citizens of Germany, but for all others, from other countries.
The reservation fee you have to pay on top of your rail pass varies on the type of compartment you want to travel in.
The reservations fees are the same as for the Interrail or Eurail pass.
Book the reservation via ÖBB (Austrian railways). The how to is explained via the link bellow.

Seat | 2nd class €14
Couchette 6 | 6-berth-compartment | 2nd class €34
Couchette 4 | 4-berth-compartment | 2nd class €44
Sleeper 3 | 3-bed-compartment | private washing facility | 2nd class €54
Sleeper 3 | 3-bed-compartment | private shower + WC | 2nd class €74
Sleeper 2 | 2-bed-compartment | private washing facility | 2nd class €74
Sleeper 2 | 2-bed-compartment | private shower + WC | 2nd class €94
Sleeper 1 | 1-bed-compartment | private washing facility | 2nd class €124
Sleeper 1 | 1-bed-compartment | private shower + WC | 2nd class €144

Details for the ÖBB nightjet Hamburg to Munich:
https://rail.cc/interrail-night-train/hamburg-innsbruck-oebb-nightjet-nj40491/499

Best wishes, Peter :)

Attachment Image
Userpic

IdaSc
Traveller
1 comments

replied 2 years ago

Thank you both for usefull answers! Hqve a nice weekend :) Ida, Denmark