Userpic

Arend7
Traveller
568 comments

Posted 1 year ago

I was/am searching for trains between Harwich International and Manningtree (between 6 and 7 AM) starting april 4th at 5 difference sources. Nationalrail.co.uk (electronic and pocket PDF version), greateranglia.co.uk, thetrainline.co.u and bahn.de. Got 3 difference outcomes:
National rail electronic only, greater anglia and trainline only 6:31
National rail PDF 6:29, 6:31 and 6:57
Bahn.de 6:29 and 6:57
Normally I would say 3 out of 5 and the train company itself (Greater Anglia) knows best, so it is only 6:31
But before april 4th all 5 gives (mo-fr) only 6:31.
Looks to me that the real timetable is extensived starting the 4th with a 6:57 train. Trains at 6:29 and 6:31 looks incredible to me, so I suspect the Germans knows the best, even better than Greater Anglia itself.
Or do I miss something?

Follow this topic
Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1324 comments

replied 1 year ago

go to railforums.co.uk tipical rail-fan question

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 1 year ago

Hi!

Have been checking https://www.greateranglia.co.uk/ttsummary to get an overview but didnt find an answer.
There is a timetable in Excel format which shows several trains early in the morning from Harwich Intl towards Manningtree and onwards to London and I cant find any mentioning of these trains in the list of covid restrictions.
In the timetable change timings are different to that excelt timetable (which I think shows the initial timetable scheduled for the whole of 2022).

Maybe contact the train company directly.

Flo

Userpic

Arend7
Traveller
568 comments

replied 1 year ago

Thanks. Turns out the 6:57 starts the 11th. Overlooked footnotes at the PDF from nationalrail.

Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
857 comments

replied 1 year ago

the national rail journey planner always has the most accurrate data. DB take the seasonal plan for use in the bahn.de joruney planner but never take amendments so have always been subject to errors due to engineering work, especially at weekends. But currently the timetable is shot to pieces due to staff sickness with covid and services are being revised on any day. The 06:57 will not start on the 11th, it was a plan train but the whole timetable for that line is being replaced with an emergency plan on a rolling basis, so far up to the 18th but by the end of this week that may have rolled further forward. In the emergency plan trains leave at xx:31

Userpic

Arend7
Traveller
568 comments

replied 1 year ago

That DB never take amendments is not through. Actually shortly after I posted my remark I noticed that the 6:57 on the 4th april was deleted (probably they follow this site). I noticed far more often by planning trips that the planner also for non-German countries later was altered. The problem is that DB depends on the information from the concerning train companies. If employees from train companies think DB doesn't make amandmends there exists a selffulfilling prophecy.