Userpic

Solaris2000
Traveller
0 comments

Posted 2 years ago

Hi, I bought an interrail Global Pass mobile ticket and cannot search or select routes in Latvia and Estonia. The first train and the second one is added in the application is the Helsinki - Kolari train and back. Can I drive in Latvia and Estonia now? If so, how can I add a connection in these countries and do I have to do so?

Attachment Image
Follow this topic
Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1333 comments

replied 2 years ago

Was answered on the main community.eurail alerady. Can do, but have to put in manually in app. NOTE that it is most likely cheaper to buy normal tickets-or simply use to avoid utter long train rides on local trains with a long wait @ border to use direetc bus from R to T. PLus that there have been several warnings of people being forced to buy even normal tickets in Eestti, as the QR code was not recognised by the conductress device-as such this is not a requirement, but those railways hardly ever seen a pass. In the end you will get money back (provided you have activated a passday), but its just a PITA!
Those 3 Baltics joined EU/INterRail to show they are really EURopean, but their railways are simply not up to the task (yet)

Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1333 comments

replied 2 years ago

Oh-and simply do NOT use that app of EUrail-best is to use those of countries concerned-or best allin1 is bahn.de of germany, covers nearly all of EUR. Remember: one can only get out of a computer/site what someone has put in before!

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9331 comments

replied 2 years ago

Hi and welcome.
You find details about this journey here: https://rail.cc/train/riga-to-tallinn
There are also the links to the local schedules to find the train connections.

In the Baltic countries normal train ticket might often be cheaper than to spent one of your travel days on an Interrail/Eurail pass.

Example:
1. From Tallinn to Valga the ticket fare is 15 EUR. The journey time is 3:10 hours.

2. From Valga to Riga the ticket fare is 5 EUR. The journey time is 2:40 hours.

Direct buses are available on www.infobus.eu

Best, Peter :)

Attachment Image