Userpic

Manula
Traveller
2 comments

Posted 2 years ago

Im going to Marceille from Germany next week and the Prize i find online is okay but coming back to Germany 8days later would be up to 500€ for an Adult and Kid 17. thats too much.Is it cheaper to buy Tickets in france when coming back or before we Go in Germany?

Follow this topic
Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1334 comments

replied 2 years ago

NO. Most likely you hit a ´day of grand departure´ as the French say it-just before the Easter holidays. Best prices is always online-there may indeed be a small difference if you use the french=sncf or german=bahn sites.
BUT much more likely to get lower prices is to find a routing where you do NOT cross the Fr-DE border on a TGV and book separately for the sectors. This will involve more changes and slower timings. Perhaps, maybe if you can reveal what the destination is and what you can bear there may be some alternative. or simply check RYANair-will n ot be cheap either on that day.

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 2 years ago

Hi!

We would need to know exact route and travel date in order to maybe suggest alternatives.

Flo

Userpic

Manula
Traveller
2 comments

replied 2 years ago

Im going from Bremen to Marceille in 11.04 If possible.The reason Why i don’t book early is the Corona Problem.

Userpic

Manula
Traveller
2 comments

replied 2 years ago

We want to stay 7 Nights

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 2 years ago

An option would be to Split the Journey in Basel or Strasbourg, booking separate tickets for each leg.
However, tickets still will be expensive since April 18 is Easter Monday, a main travel day.

What I found:
Marseille 0810 - 1352 Basel
Basel 1506 - 0119 Bremen

Book Marseille to Basel from SNCF via https://rail.shop/omio - ticket currently 183,20
Book Basel to Bremen from DB via rail.shop/Bahn - ticket currently

You might also try to book the whole route via rail.shop/
However these tickets can't be returned or exchanged so in light of covid you might think about this.

The initial price from DB (400 something) ca be returned.

Flo