Userpic

XristinaKkv
Traveller
1 comments

Posted 2 years ago

Hello!
I would like to ask if the interrail global pass covers the transport from Stockholm to Turku and from Helsinki to Tallinn or we have to pay extra for the ferries?

Thank you in advance.
Have a nice day! <3

Follow this topic
Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 2 years ago

Hi!

The ferry companies Viking Line (https://www.sales.vikingline.com/) and Tallink Silja offer special fares for Interrail/Eurail pass holders.

When booking with Viking, use the code "EURAIL" for the discounted rate. One way single trip Stockholm > Turku currently is 9,90€ (during the day, overnight you might need to book additional accomodation).
When booking with Tallink, use the code "INTERRAIL" for the discounted rate ("EURAIL works too with the same effect). One way sinlge trip Stockholm > Turku currently is 10,90€.

Note that the regular single trip is not much more expensive (about 15€) but you might save more if you want to book an extra cabin.
Anyway, the route Stockholm - Turku is really beautiful and I can recommend travelling during the day - spending most of the time on deck to enjoy the views.

Flo

Userpic

XristinaKkv
Traveller
1 comments

replied 2 years ago

Thank you so much for this information. I really appreciate it. Have a nice day! <3