Userpic

Palle
Traveller
1 comments

Posted 2 years ago

Hej
Jeg har netop købt et Interrail Global Pass, som jeg vil bruge til en rejse i Sverige til sommer. Det er købt direkte hos interrail.eu. For at aktivere Interrail passet i Rail Planner appen skal jeg indtaste et rejsepas- eller ID-kort nummer. Kan jeg bruge mit kørekortnummer i stedet for rejsepas-nummer?

Ved rejser inden for Norden (herunder Sverige) er det ikke nødvendigt for danskere at medbringe rejsepas. Andet ID (f.eks. kørekort) er tilstrækkeligt. Da jeg skal på vandretur i Sverige vil jeg gerne undgå at medbringe rejsepasset, hvis det ikke er nødvendigt. Der er risiko for at det bliver vådt eller på anden måde tager skade. Her er et plast-kørekort mere robust.

Follow this topic
Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1324 comments

replied 2 years ago

Hmm, IF you really ONLY travel Scandinavia-I myself still highly doubt if a drivers licence is enough for NO. It is never mentioned anywhere in the interrail rules, as about any EU-citizen will use his/her own ID-card. (By now since brexit only the UK wants again to see full passports out of all the 33 countries accepting the pass). But then-having used some 20+ IR passes through the years (and 1 for 2 monthes last autumn) the times they want to se the ID were minimal- just 2 times then, 1 of which was a new apprentice being taught the rules by a senior instructor. You always run the risk of such a check. Plus that it then will not allow you to change plans and go to DE=-Germany or so.
Do danes not have normal ID-cards? When I travelled there last time I was a bit surprised that on border checks at Flensburg they mostly showed a real passpt.

Userpic

Palle
Traveller
1 comments

replied 2 years ago

Danes does normally not have ID-cards. Most people use their drivers license or passport. If a picture is not required, we can use our health insurance card.

It is possible to get a ID-card, but I have never seen anyone have it. Maybe people who doesn't have a drivers licens or passport. But the Danish ID-card is not valid for international travel (like a passport).

Citizen from the Nordic countries are allowed to travel within these countries without having a passport. But we need to have some other kind of picture ID (like a drivers license). This is different from the Shengen-rules, where you must possess a passport, but don't have to show it at the border.