Userpic

Ambre17
Traveller
1 comments

Posted 2 years ago

Hi! We are visiting Split in Croatia this summer, and we want to take an overnight train from Split station to Zagreb station (on June 5 2022) But I can't find trains or reservations on internet, can you help me?

Follow this topic
Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1334 comments

replied 2 years ago

From what I´ve read this train as such does not run anymore. Only in summerseason (I dk when it starts there) there is now a much longer trip Osijek-via Zag (passes like 2/3 hr a.m.)-Split. The ride Zag-Spl is too short for a real overnite train. Most railways have not yet finally decided o their summer timings and what is not sure will not be put on a site www.
Besides that its also quite possible it will not run daily-but every 2nd day. or that on that day/weekend there are again works or whatever urgent things these railways can invent to make travel cumbersome

Userpic

Ambre17
Traveller
1 comments

replied 2 years ago

Yeah June is in summer season so I guess it's ok!
But I don't understand why this is so short, most of people says that the ride Split-Zag is like 6-7 hours!

I probably should wait and contact them in a month

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9331 comments

replied 2 years ago

Hi and welcome.

For the summer months calculate with these trains:

ICN520
Split dep: 0831
Zagreb arr: 1454

ICN522
Split dep: 1425
Zagreb arr: 2057

Night train 1783 "Dalmacija" with final destination "Osijek"
Runs July 02 to August 28 2022
Split dep: 2206
Zagreb arr: 0557

And as another option from Regiojet
Train 1046 from Split via Zagreb, Budapest and Bratislava to Prague.
Runs May 28 to September 30 2022
Split dep: 1551
Zagreb arr: 0054

Book tickets at Croatian railways:
http://www.hzpp.hr/en

Or for Regiojet at www.regiojet.com

It depends on where you want to go, there is also another night train in summer from Split via Maribor and Graz to Vienna and Bratislava:
https://rail.cc/night-train/split-bratislava-en1252/639

Peter :)