Userpic

Peters1931
Traveller
2 comments

Posted 2 years ago

I’m an American citizen who would like to take the Rail Euro train from Paris, France to Zurich, Switzerland. Do I need a confirmation PLUS a Rail Euro ticket to board the train?

Thank you in advance!!
D D M R

Follow this topic
Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1335 comments

replied 2 years ago

There are NO rail€ trains.
These trains-the through ones, are run as French TGV and whilst riding in Swiss, they are supposed to be SBB trains (=Swiss railways).
If you mean you hold a EUrailpass-there is since a few monthes also community.eurail with forum.
If that is case, yes, you also must have a quite pricey REServation -as all french TGV do, and this can be done online IF and only IF you hold the new style mobile pass, or bought locally with paper pass.
IF this is the only trip you intend to make a pass for at least 4 days does not make sense, so then simply book an advance online ticket.
You can save a lot on the REServ, by changing trains-nervousness, fears for those not used to it, and using local=regional trains from Mulhouse-via Basel.

Userpic

Peters1931
Traveller
2 comments

replied 2 years ago

I didn’t understand your reply above, to my question. All I am asking is, “can I just buy a oneway ticket on RAIL EUROPE train to travel from Paris to Zurich?” I am an American Citizen traveling from Paris to Zurich. That’s it. I have already downloaded the RAIL EUROPE App.

The reason for my question is, I noticed in my search somewhere, that a reservation needs to be purchased along a train ticket. Please, just I just need a SIMPLE answer to my question.

Thank you.

Userpic

Arend7
Traveller
589 comments

replied 2 years ago

If you have a Eurail app (and validated for the date) you need (only) a reservation, the app itself is the ticket. You can buy it with the app if you have an account at Eurrail

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 2 years ago

Hi!

If you buy a oneway ticket Paris to Zurich a seat reservation is included.
The reserved seat should show up somewhere within the ticket stored in the app, including coach and seat number.

Additional reservations are only required if you are travelling with a rail pass such as Eurail - since you have mentionend buying a one way ticket this does not apply to you.

Flo

Userpic

Peters1931
Traveller
2 comments

replied 2 years ago

THANK YOU VERY MUCH Flo, FOR THAT SIMPLE & INFORMATIVE ANSWERS. THAT’S THE ANSWER I NEEDED!!