Userpic

dry-martini
Traveller
0 comments

Posted 2 years ago

Ich würde gern die Zugfahrt Baku-Tiflis im Voraus buchen (Reise im Juli), damit die Termine ganz sicher eingehalten werden. Allerdings finde ich auf der Seite https://ticket.ady.az/ keine Option, auf Englisch umzuschalten. Wie macht man das auf dieser Website - oder gibt es noch eine andere Möglichkeit für die Buchung? Vielen Dank, martini

Follow this topic
Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1340 comments

replied 2 years ago

Usually- one can only book=REServe trains some 45 or 60 days advance in broad-gauge country, travel agents a few weeks before.
Out of curiosity I checked the site of A-zeri Iron (=Demir) Road (=Yollari, nearly exactly the same as in Turkish) and indeed I also did not find any button for lingo. However-about each&every ´social media´ was linked, so use that to best goal!
I set on google-transl and it all came up. On INtern. it showed nothing, in fact the very only thing it could show where the elektrishka around Baky.
Then FAQ; 1st Q: WHEN do other trains come back into service?
We dont know yet, when covid situation comes to the better!
The I remembered that trustful site of RU that would also allow bus/train/plane bookings in the old CCCP; tutu.travel. It showed no trains at all for this for this week, next month or whenever.
Then I remembered indeed that both TR, GE and hence likely also AZ have simply cancelled ALL trains last yr-too few pax to make it worthwhile. In TR only the few hi-speed trains remain, so if you plan to come back on these iron roads, there is more to worry about.
For AZ about any westerner needs a visa, for some people this seems quite hard to get.
As you write /de/: the usual source for all zugfanatiker is the forum of drehscheibe-online, then find ausland, scores of people (many it seems remaining from old DR/DDR and very knowledgeable about breitspurland) will know the final answer and likely even have more info.