Userpic

Claudiocf
Traveller
0 comments

Posted 2 years ago

I want to buy a 2 month eurail global pass. I'm having a hard time finding a clear list of which public transport (metro, buses and trains) are included in the eurail/interail. I would like to know this data to take full advantage of my pass.

Follow this topic
Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 2 years ago

Hi!

In general, only suburban railway services operated by the respective "national" railway companies (which accept Interrail/Eurail, including a number of private train companies) are included in Interrail/Eurail.
Buses, trams, light rail, metro services are not included.

Which cities are you planning to visit?

Flo

Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1336 comments

replied 2 years ago

As one could expect, it is all listed on the general site eurail/interrail.eu Per country.
Nearly all major and most medium/minor touristy cities anywhere in EUR=the continent, not the funny isles in the NorthSea, ahve some kind of 24hr or daily pass for all urban transit. They cost usually around the 5-6€.Real touristy towns often also have some kind of (name city) pass, that offers both transit and entry to musea/other attractions or discounts-these will cost a lot more.
BTW-all the extra supplmts and REservations that the railways themselves want from you will be much higher as the urban transit, if you choose the usual routes that all IR-newbees tend to want. If money is thight, you´d better look into that.
f.e. just taking the BUS (coach for UK) to Paris or BRUssel will generally be cheaper as just the supplmt for €*