Userpic

Conni222
Traveller
0 comments

Posted 2 years ago

Hey;),
we want travel from Germany via Spain to Portugal.
Which is the best way do you know and how can we book the right train(s)?
THANK YOU ;)!

Follow this topic
Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1335 comments

replied 2 years ago

Oh, again. Did you also ask on community.eurail?
It depends on what ticket you intend to use-just book all by yourself-fixed advance (sparpreis-similar) or InterRail with all extra bookings. For IR-check the site of interrail, REServations. For other trains: there are some 22+ different variations, as always (why even ask?) book on the site of the railway that runs the train. Make it a pleasure trip and do not rush-but even then it will take at least 3 days.
More tips on seat61.com. This starts from UK, so hook on from some convenient point in FRance

Userpic

amadeu
Traveller
36 comments

replied 2 years ago

If you have some time, I'd personally go something like Germany->some nice places in southern France you'd like to explore (Marseille/Avignon/Montpellier/...)->Barcelona->Madrid->night train to Lisbon :) but there are lots of possibilities...

Userpic

amadeu
Traveller
36 comments

replied 2 years ago

Oh wow, I only saw just now that both night trains from Spain into Portugal were cancelled when Covid hit and the Spanish railways apparently don't want to reactivate them. That's terrible... makes it *much* more impractical to travel to Portugal by train if I'm not missing something...