Userpic

Frankandpia
Traveller
0 comments

Posted 2 years ago

Hej. min kone og jeg overvejer at rejse med tog fra Købehavn til Barcelona og vi vil gerne have vores hund på 9 kg. med. Jeg søger information om det er muligt at rejse hele turen/dele af turen med en privat kabine, så vi kan hvile og samtidig ikke behøver at have vores hund i en taske hele vejen.
Specielt leder jeg efter information om turen fra Paris til Barcelona. Jeg kan ikke finde ud af om dyr er tilladt på den strækning eller i Frankrig generelt.
Jeg håber nogle i dette forum kan hjælpe.

Follow this topic
Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1346 comments

replied 2 years ago

Hej. Dansk is too hard for me.
Seems last weeks there are more&more posters about taking dogs.
Your dog MUST be in a container, max as luggage size and you must also have a dog-passpt the animal is injected (not for covid, but rabies). In FR and onward it must also be muzzled all the time.
The first part is then free: Germany.
Use google and this site is excellent for planning trips by train (to the wishes of a lady named Gretha from Sverige): seat61.com. It tells that dogs are allowed on SNCF=FR trains, but a special dogs ticket must be bought. However, it contradicts itself from that direct train Par-Barca-at 1 point it says this ticket is only 5,10, but later it says that (maybe for this train?) its 59€.
Also note that if you want to use an InterRailticket many, many people have tremendous trouble to make the mandatory REServation for this train-as there is only 1/day now and there are just a very few places for people with passes. See community.eurail.com.
You have more chances if you change the route-go further into Germany, then Strasbourg, then TGV down south from there and use local trains for much lower price. That Thalys from Germany to Paris is also very, very expensive for passholders.
There are not really overnight trains with private cabins anywhere near this route. The new network that so many papers/news tell about is based on Austria/Wien and run by OeBB=Austrian railways.