Userpic

Sinci
Traveller
2 comments

Posted 2 years ago

Sziasztok!
Érdeklődöm Budapestről Passauba szeretnék eljutni és vinném a biciklimet is.
Hiszen hazafelé egy túra keretében bicikliznék.
Milyen lehetőségek vannak?
Előre is köszi a válaszokat!

Hello!
I am interested in getting to Passau from Budapest and I would also take my bike.
After all, I would ride a bike on my way home.
What are the options?
Thanks in advance for the answers!

Follow this topic
Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1336 comments

replied 2 years ago

best site to use is bahn.de (german rails) or oebb.at. Put in to/fro and date (in dec the usual timetable change so maybe not that much for after yet-assume its mostly near the same as now) and see whats available. Its mostly a very few through trains -OeBb Railjet r more with change in Wien=Bëcs, site will also show if bikes can be taken and you MUST reserve a space or it-this will cost a few eur extra. You have to carry bikes by o=yourself-in RJ its mostly hanging space for bike thus all luggage must be taken off
In high summer there is/was a kind of special slower-and thus cheaper-Bike carrying train along the Danube, whithin Austria-but I think you ask for next summr and noone now knows if it will come back.

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9331 comments

replied 2 years ago

Hi.
nltrainer explained already.
Have a look on the website of Austrian railways ÖBB:
https://tickets.oebb.at/en/ticket

Select your travel date and in the second step you can add passengers and also bicycles.
There are train connections with only one change of train in Linz. There you change from the Railjet train to a local train - with only 6 minutes of time. If you miss the connection, take the next one. They run every hour.

The ticket price (1 person + 1 bike) will be 54 EUR including the 3 EUR for a place reservation for your bicycle.

Budapest departure 09:40
Passau arrival 15:12

Enjoy your trip. I'm happy about your feedback as I also often combine bicycle and train - which is not always easy... ;)

Peter :)

Attachment Image
Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 2 years ago

Hi!

The dedicated bicycle train from Vienna (more or less) along the Danube to Passau has been suspended and wont return.
Anyways, as Pete explained, there are many other avialable connections where you can transport your bike to Passau which also can be bought online as explained. :)

Flo

Userpic

Sinci
Traveller
2 comments

replied 2 years ago

Köszi!

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 2 years ago

What kind of bike do you have? Keep in mind that there are size limits; with most "regular" bikes you wont have any issue, but cargo bikes etc usually wont be allowed on the trains.
Normally I would recommend to book a connection with Railjet to Linz and then either ICE or regional train to Passau; this should be the most convenient (regarding travel time/price/etc).