Userpic

anonymous
Traveller
2467 comments

Posted 2 years ago

Dear community, I am planning visiting Tuku pure on track (no Ferry). It seems, there is no passenger train between Boden and Oulu. Am I correct?

Follow this topic
Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 2 years ago

Hi!

There are several trains to Haparanda running over the recently reopened line: https://tagtidtabeller.resrobot.se/tidtabell/tag34_27746.pdf
From Haparanda you´ll have to cross the border on foot (or by local bus) to Tornio; trains from Tornio Itäinen station there are night trains to Helsinki; depending on your preferences you can either get up early (around 5:30) and change for Turku in Tampere or travel all the way to Helsinki and then take a train to Turku from there (which is what I would do).

Would be interesting to hear from your experiences on that route; when I was travelling there you still had to travel by bus all the way from Kemi via Tornio/Haparanda to Lulea.

Flo

Userpic

TravelBandit
Traveller
2 comments

replied 2 years ago

I travelled by train from Sweden to Finland via Haparanda exactly as you describe way back in 1992. Read my blog about it here: www.paulkilfoil.co.za/1992.aspx (sorry, but there are no pictures - I had some there but had to remove them after a threat of copyright infringement).