Userpic

Achim444
Traveller
2 comments

Posted 2 years ago

Hello,

I am looking to go from West Germany (Koblenz/Cologne/Frankfurt) to Bordeaux or Biarritz.

Any Idea how I can find a Night train easily? Is there somewhere a general map with all Night Train connections?

Thanks.

Follow this topic
Userpic

anonymous
Traveller
2467 comments

replied 2 years ago

Hi Achim, I checkt the rail planner App Form you, provided on interrail.eu. There is a Connection offneres from Koblenz (18:06) to Bordeaux St. Jean (08:56). Will this Bit of Info help you?

Userpic

Achim444
Traveller
2 comments

replied 2 years ago

That is perfect, thank you very much!!

I did not know this app on Interrail.eu. I will keep in mind for future questions about connections. Thank you!!

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 2 years ago

Hi!

Please be aware that this connection requires an overnight stay in Paris:

Koblenz 1806 - 2041 Saarbücken
Saarbrücken 2101 - 2252 Paris Est
Paris Montparnasse 0645 - 0856 Bordeaux

There are no overnight connections to Bordeaux, and also no other sensible options to include an overnight journey on your route. Either travel during the day or make an overnight stop along the route as suggested above.

Flo

Userpic

Achim444
Traveller
2 comments

replied 2 years ago

Yes, thanks Flo. I figured that out afterwards as well, by using the actually really nice app from interrail.eu.

We will use the Day TGV finally, it takes only 2 hours from Paris to Bordeaux. This used to be much longer a few years back.

Thanks for pointing out the overnight stay! Appreciated.

Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1335 comments

replied 2 years ago

The ONLY overnnight train you could use-on IR for 10 eur extra for a sleeperette seat-is the now recently re-instated SNCF FROm Paris-Austerlitz/Bercy? to Toulouse-it passes Bordeaux BTW, but you cannot get out then. And travel back on a new ticket or travelday. On 1 IR-passday you could travel incl. this overnight train. It is needed to make REServations for it and this can be a hassle-as with all REServations on SNCF
Mit abf.KO early in the day its quite easy to reach Bdx in 1 day-ans for again the 10 eur (or more) REServation extra
BTW-in case you remember IR from long ago and about the overnight rules-these have changed since last yr. Its no more in advance, but 1 travelday can still use for ending the trip after 24.00-till last stop of that train