Userpic

NicB
Traveller
0 comments

Posted 2 years ago

Hi,

To quickly tell you my plan, I am going to do an interrail journey for 3 weeks starting next sunday. I‘m planning on travelling to 10 or 11 different cities in those 3 weeks which is why I am considering the 15 day in 2 months pass.

Now to my question: Is it possible to return home after those 3 weeks (using inbound and outbound journey probably) and then travel from my home to another country by using the remainder of my travel days (also still in the run-time of the pass) after spending a week at home for example?

Cheers,
Nic

Follow this topic
Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9331 comments

replied 2 years ago

Hi Nic.
Yes. That's possible. Of course you can use in- and outbound days only once. But it is no problem to stay one, two, three weeks at home and then use the rest of you travel days within the period of 2 months your Interrail pass is valid.
It is also possible to take a plan and to fly to a country far away and travel back home to your home country. There is no need to start from home.
Peter :)

Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1336 comments

replied 2 years ago

I do it even much more. Had ordered a full 2 month pass last yr-cancel due to what anyone knows, now just started using it and plan to do 8 shorter 5-6 days trips out of home. But I have an off-peak season ticket for home country, can use that for all the trips to/from borders in between. So have to plan to take the allowed out and back hometrips in the peaks!