Userpic

user#134621
Traveller
0 comments

Posted 2 years ago

Hello everyone,

I am thinking about buying an Interrail pass for my journey through france. As many of you may know, you need to buy a reservation on top of that for most of the french high-speed trains like TGV or Thalys. These reservations are bound to the special train you buy them for, for the specific time it departs. Now I'm worried: What will happen if the regional train, that brings us to the station where we switch to TGV, is delayed and we miss our connection? Will the reservation transform automatically to the next possible connection? Or will we have to buy a new one?

Thanks for your help!

Yours, Tabea

Follow this topic
Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1324 comments

replied 2 years ago

THis is no need to really worry about-this is NOT DB/Germany-where it seems to be the eternal worry of all trainusing germans.
Right now I am in FR on my 3d day of IR. Have done 11 trips of which 2 were TGV-pay extra.
In the highly unlikely case that a local=TER train is delayed very much, the conductor will pass by and ask for connections and then starts to fone the centre of traffic. Depending on how many people and how long the delay, they may decide to hold the train or make alternatives. IF-it may have hit a cow or car and the delay is very big, you will be taken care of on the change over point.