Userpic

Robsy_b
Traveller
1 comments

Posted 15 years ago

Hi guys I am wondering what part of Budapest is better to stay in, Buda? or Pest?

I know one of them (dont know if its buda or pest) has a lot more bars and clubs than the other so is it better to stay on this side of Budapest if we want to go out at nightt?

or does it not matter??

Cheers in advance!

Follow this topic
Userpic

the_fredster
Traveller
11 comments

replied 15 years ago

not sure which but we stayed on the right side of the river (if you are looking at a map of the city). (i think thats pest). It was full of bars and clubs and fantastic....

Userpic

Mike
Traveller
2 comments

replied 15 years ago

This interests me as well, as I'm going to Budapest and I'm interested to know which side is best to stay on for bars/clubs/etc, so if anyone else has an opinion I'd appreciate it.

Cheers.

Userpic

anonymous
Traveller
2467 comments

replied 15 years ago

I'd prefer Buda.

Not that I've ever been there, but in my language, Pest means plague. And that can't be very nice when travelling.

Userpic

Cherie_L
Traveller
15 comments

replied 15 years ago

even if it means plague - have a go to both parts of the city.
in july i stayed in pest aswell and the hotel was rather cheap and very close to the vaci utca! it was awesome! :P

by the way: you MUST try one of the thermal bath!!! this was the absolut highlight of the whole trip! we went to the rudas bath on the buda-side, below the rocks close to the river! it was very, very, very good!! there are also events such as night swimming! :) :)

Userpic

zemigsan
Traveller
4 comments

replied 15 years ago

definetely stay in Pest.. Buda is only worth visit during the day for sightseeing, nightlife happens in Pest and it has a lot more transports (night or day) than Buda..

Stay around Ferenciek Tere, Astoria ;)

Userpic

Iristja
Traveller
18 comments

replied 15 years ago

Oh allright! Nice to know! Does someone recommend a hostel in Pest?

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9332 comments

replied 15 years ago

I stayed already some more nights in Budapest.

my favourite ones (prices are okay, locations as well and you have fun and can meet people) are:
The Groove
Home Made Hostel
The Loft Hostel
Goat Hostel

More information and booking: [u]https://rail.cc/en/budapest/accommodation/c[/u]

in Budapest you will find a lot of good and cheap hostels. most of them are small and in old buildings. :)