Userpic

karthick
Traveller
3 comments

Posted 4 years ago

Dear Sir,

I planned my trip at very last minute to Austria and made a mistake with start date of my Interrail pass. I will reach Vienna airport on Sep 27, but by mistake i booked my Starting date as 28 Sep. Can i change the starting date of my pass at Train station? So that i can start using Interrail pass from Sep 27 itself. Will that incur any charges for the change.

Regards
Karthick

Follow this topic
Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 4 years ago

Hi Karthick,

no this is not possible. You would have to return your pass at the station or shop where you bought it and buy a new one.
What is your first stop that you want to reach from Vienna?

Flo

Userpic

karthick
Traveller
3 comments

replied 4 years ago

Hi ,

I will reach Vienna airport on 27th morning at 8:00 am and plan to reach Hallstat by that afternoon. I order my Interrail pass online. Shall i return my pass and buy a new Interrail with starting date as 27 at Vienna airport itself?

Thanks
Karthick

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 4 years ago

Thats probably the best option, yes.
There is a ÖBB (Austrian Railways) ticket counter at the airport that should be able to sell Interrail; if it doesnt you can get to the central station for a few €€ and buy your new Interrail pass there.

Userpic

karthick
Traveller
3 comments

replied 4 years ago

Hi,

Thank for the response!

When i return the pass and buy a new one, should i pay full amount again for new pass or it is just returning old and getting a new pass(dates changed) without any extra cost?

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 4 years ago

You have to return your pass at the company/website where you bought it. This is only possible before the first day of validity. You will get a return of 85% of the pass value and are charged a 15% fee.
You then have to buy a new pass locally at the station in Austria for the full fare.

Userpic

karthick
Traveller
3 comments

replied 4 years ago

Thank you!