Userpic

maxitravels
Traveller
8 comments

Posted 4 years ago

I bought a 10 day Inter Rail Pass which allows 10 days of travel in 2 months.

Day 1 Amsterdam to Hamburg Tuesday 30th July
Day 2 Hamburg to Rothenburg Ob Der Tauber Wednesday 31st July
Day 3 *Rothenburg to Vienna by day* and leaving Vienna in the evening on a night train Thursday 1st August
Next day arrive in Bucharest Friday 2nd August
Day 4 Night journey from Bucharest Saturday 3rd August
Next day arrive in Istanbul Sunday 4th August

We have booked tickets across Turkey to visit Georgia and Armenia. We get back to Istanbul on 23rd July
Day 5 Night journey depart Istanbul Friday 23rd August
Next day arrive in Sofia Saturday 24th August
Day 6 Day journey which is very long Sofia 09.00 and arriving Brasov at 23.35 via Bucharest! Sunday 25th July
Day 7 Night journey from Brasov
Next day arrive in Vienna. Cross Vienna and take trains to Cesky Krumlo. I paid for Austria to the Czech Republic
Day 8 Night journey leaving Ceske Budejovice Wednesday 28th August
Day 9 Next day arriving in Zurich then day journey Zurich to Paris
I intend to buy a Euro Star ticket to London
Day 10 London to our home.

It is for me, my disabled son age 12 and my daughter age 10. Thanks.
Day 7

Follow this topic
Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9330 comments

replied 4 years ago

Hi Maxitravels.

A really interesting route you travel. My only personal experience concerning "travelling with a wheelchair" is by watching stations, train types and platforms. As long as you are in western Europe up to the Austrian/Hungarian border, you are fine with a wheelchair. Going more to eastern Europe, you will find places and trains which are not that easy to access by wheelchair - on the other hand you will find a lot of helping hands and friendly, open people. I know it's very basic my experience, but might give you a first impression. Maybe someone else here in the forum has more experience.

Do you need information about Interrail reservations or something else?

Have a sunny day, Pete :)