Userpic

bumble2006
Traveller
2 comments

Posted 4 years ago

Does the new "overnight services rule" for this year reflect the "Service" or the trip we ar eon.

Reason I ask is that the Naples to Catania leg we intend doing leaves at 00:11 for Naples. Does this mean it is a continuation of the previous days services - or is it the day it departs from Naples we will need on the tickets.
I have seen reference elsewhere that both rules operate this year but want to be sure we are covered as it could be an expensive mistake to have to use an extra day to a 10 family 10 days in 2 months ticket.

Follow this topic
Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 4 years ago

Hi!

Good question; I cant give a definitive answer. The night train arrives at 2359 in Naples (coming from Rome) and you would board the train immediately. So you could argue that you use can use the rule (although, officially, the departure time should count).
What are your plans on the previous day?

I can confirm that both night train rules still apply in 2019; I have just used the old rule on a night train about one week ago.

Flo

Userpic

bumble2006
Traveller
2 comments

replied 4 years ago

Thanks for the reply.
We are around Naples for 3 days - we can be flexible and make it work either way - i.e. either pay locally for local travel for use the day before (Sorrento, round Etna etc.) and then late into Naples to get our sleeper at 00:11. As we will be using a 10 days in 2 months pass - obviously if it counts as the following day (00:11 onwards) then we would date it for then (we are staying in Sicily for 5 days and plan to use a car there so don\'t actually need the passday for the following day.

If however we can use it as an extension of the day before - we will utilise for Sorrento etc. and then onwards on the overnight into Catania the following day - ideally only using one day of the pass.
I would hate to use a day for local trips, then find we actually need to use another day for the sleeper trip.q