Userpic

candicedriver
Traveller
1 comments

Posted 15 years ago

Hey,

Hope you can help and apologies if this is covered in other posts (i have been reading them).

My boyfriend and I have the one country pass for Germany and travel out on the 1st July 2008. Route; Berlin-Dresden-Munich-Rothenberg Ob Der Tauber-Heidelberg-Cologne-Bremen.

We pretty much have a day set out for travel between places although would like to catch the earliest train to each to get extra time there.

Basically I have gathered that turning up at the station and making a reservation is cheaper than online BUT am worried about availiability.

Can I book at the station a couple of days in advance to greater my chance of getting a reservation? OR is turning up on the day ok? OR should I be booking online 9ie. are the trains likely to be full?)

Hope you can help!!

ps. I realise some trains don't need reservations x

Follow this topic
Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9331 comments

replied 15 years ago

hej...

on German day trains you won't need a reservation, only on the ICE Sprinter, a special super fast ICE train. on the normal ICEs (nearly all the ICEs are normal ICEs) and on ICs and all the regional trains you don't need it. at the regional trains you even can't make it.

the easiest way for you is to go to the main station in Berlin and do there all the reservations you want.
I always travel without reservation in Germany - when avoiding the peak times (morning 7-10h, afternoon 16-19h and Friday+Sunday afternoon and evening) you will get a seat without reservation. :)

have fun!!
Peter
:)

Userpic

candicedriver
Traveller
1 comments

replied 15 years ago

Awesome thanks!!!