Userpic

AysegulCGurlek
Traveller
0 comments

Posted 5 years ago

I have a global pass ticket but water poured into my passport it is wet now, i should get new pasaport again. I am wory about that my global pass ticket was edited with
my old passport, when i get on a train with my global pass ticket and new passport at the check time for passport and pass tickets, will arranging my ticket according to my old passport create a problem?

Follow this topic
Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9330 comments

replied 5 years ago

Hi.
You can never preview how a conductor act. Usually you should be fine to have the old damaged passport with you, to prove that the Interrail pass belongs to you.
Anyway, I would ask at the place where you bought your Interrail pass, of you can change it - always the most relaxed way.
But honestly: conductors in 90% only check the name, not the passport number. That\'s my experience, but no guarantee for something.
Pete :)

Userpic

samanMakhamreh
Traveller
1 comments

replied 4 years ago

I want to know about tickets prices of first class and 2class for journy from Bucharest to timisoara if you know?

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9330 comments

replied 4 years ago

Hello.
Please open a new topic for new questions. Thank you. :)
Bucharest-Timișoara: [u]https://rail.cc/en/train/bucharest-to-timisoara[/u]
Tickets online on: [ux]https://rail.shop/cfr[/ux]
2nd class ticket for direct train is about 16 Euro
Journey time is 9-10 hours.
Pete :)

Userpic

Pleasexplain
Traveller
24 comments

replied 4 years ago

Something similar happened to me recently.

My passport was confiscated by the Polish border guard service on the border with Ukraine in December. I needed it not only to get back into England, but to confirm my identity to conductors in order to validate my FIP -(like InterRail for railway personnel, -only it\'s free!), fortunately the officers mad a photocopy of my passport to show and I also still had my driving licence just in case.
Every conductor I encountered accepted the photocopy no problem during my journey all the way across Poland, Germany, Belgium and France back to Calais where I spent most of the afternoon there at the port explaining to the French and UK immigration officers what had happened before they finally allowed me to board a ferry to Dover in the early evening...

Like Pete says above I would think over 90% of conductors would not be interested in cross checking passport numbers and if they did just explain what happened and show them something else like driving licence or ID card to confirm that you are who you say your are.

Hope you have a great trip.

Cheers,
Kris.

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 4 years ago

What happened at the Polish border?!

Userpic

Pleasexplain
Traveller
24 comments

replied 4 years ago

Hi Flo, alles Gut?!

It\'s a bit of a long story that began during the Passkontrolle on the Byelorussian/Lithuanian border on an RZhD transit train bound for Kaliningrad after the WM last summer.. But to summarise, I was a victim of corruption and some pages were ripped out of my passport when I refused to "play ball" and wouldn\'t pay a bribe.
I should have got the passport replaced as soon as I got back home but continued to use it for several trips back and forth between Scotland and Deutschland / EU for the rest of the year without problems but it was a "BIG PROBLEM!" for the Polish border guards conducting their EU exit checks onboard the ІС+ 715/716 from Przemyśl to Lwow, I was removed from the train a few hundred meters from the frontier, having only got a couple of kilometres out of the station of Przemyśl on a most comfortable new Ukrainian EMU that I had now wasted money for first class on..! C\'est la vie...
I got taken with them to a parked van nearby and driven up to their barracks at the main vehicle checkpoint on the road and spent the rest of the day there in detention which was lots of "fun"...
After many questions they eventually released me with some paperwork completed in the early evening and told me that they had to confiscate my pass because it was vandalised and told me to go to the UK embassy in Warschau to apply there for an Emergency Travel Document (ETD) to get home, but this was not necessary in the end and instead I took my time and indirectly headed back west with stops in Kraków, Auschwitz, Katowice, Breslau, Kulturzug Zurük nach Berlin für Sylvester -(mit musik und party im Zug!!), NJ to Zürich, Basel -(via Schaffhausen just for fun), TER 200 up to Strasbourg for couple more days, back down to Basel for a Nacht-IC 478 to Kiel, ICE back down to Hamburg, then I checked out the FLX for a "different" kind of experience down to Düsseldorf for a weekend there -(the train was a mix-match of Bimz and liegewagen that had seen better days!), then onto Oostende for a relaxing few days on the Belgian coast before taking the Kusttram to De Panne / Adinkerque, for a gratis bus -(the line over the border here has sadly been closed for many years) to Dunkerque for a TER to Calais and then onto the boat -(after many questions and paperwork..) to Dover for the Southeastern train back up to London!

I finally replied to the Russia 2018 thread btw and ended up near enough writing a blog post in the process in case you haven\'t yet seen it!

Schönen Abend!
Kris.