Userpic

Americk28
Traveller
0 comments

Posted 5 years ago

Hi, I was hoping to start a 3 week interrail trip from Saturday 30th March. I\'d be starting in northern England and using Eurostar to reach brussels. However, I\'m wondering if given the uncertainty around Brexit whether it might be better to leave on the 28th or 29th incase of Eurostar disruption. (I hear they only have a UK operators licence which will be invalid for travel in the EU after the 29th unless they find an agreement)

I know no-one knows what will happen regarding Brexit, so I\'m just looking for some opinions of when you\'d choose to travel. Is their likely to be disruption on the days before as well? Having paid for the interrail, as much as anything I just want to guarantee getting there (am willing to book flights instead if these are less likely to face disruption).

Follow this topic
Userpic

Wouter
Traveller
102 comments

replied 5 years ago

Welcome on RailCC!
In case you\'ll be flying, I would say that it would be an \'International\' flight outside the EU. The same goes for the Eurostar that needs to be checked in Brussels and (a littlebit less in London). With an increased security/passport check, Eurostar shouldn\'t be having problems, only longer waiting times.
You have bought your Interrail yet? Check your starting date that you bought it with.
I would personally start earlier. But as you mentioned, nobody knows what will happen.