Userpic

jimmymac87
Traveller
1 comments

Posted 15 years ago

Sorry if this has been covered, or sounds a little dumb but;

Does the 10 days in 22 days ticket mean you can use the trains for 10 days or you can use it for 10 train journeys?

e.g. During one of those days, can I get 3 or 4 trains, and it still counts as one 1 day? Thanks[/i]

Follow this topic
Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9332 comments

replied 15 years ago

The 10 days in the period of 22 days are:
- 10 FULL travel days from 0001h in the morning until 2359h at night.
- you can use as much trains as you want on such a travel day!

More information: [u]https://rail.cc/en/interrail-global-pass[/u]

Special rule for night trains (save one travel day): [u]https://rail.cc/en/interrail-night-train[/u]

Peter :)

Userpic

jimmymac87
Traveller
1 comments

replied 15 years ago

Thanks very much :P Couldn't of asked for a better answer!

Userpic

belgarion
Traveller
3 comments

replied 15 years ago

Hey !
My question is : does someone control the utilisation of the pass ? The employees of the railway company can't know how the 10 in 22 pass work ! When you have a 22 days pass, I understand : you can read the first day of validity, and the last day, but in the 10 in 22 case, how do they do to know if you're ok or if you're cheating ??

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9332 comments

replied 15 years ago

you have to fill in your pass during your travel the travel days... so they will see the dates.
if you sit in a train with a 10 out of 22 days interrail pass and did not filled in the travel day, it is the same as travelling without a ticket and you will have a problem. so: no chance to cheat. ;)

Userpic

belgarion
Traveller
3 comments

replied 15 years ago

OK, but controllers can't know how this pass work with night trains for example... I used a 22 days pass last year, and sometimes, thez don't speak english, and they don't know the interrail pass ; they never asked us to pay, but they sometimes had doubts... This year, I want to buy a 10 in 22 pass but i'm afraid of controllers like that, who thinks that a night train counts for 2 days, for example !

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9332 comments

replied 15 years ago

you are right ... often you meet controllers which don't know InterRail in detail. and for the rule of the night train: just do it the official way... and if they want to throw you out of the train, stay inside... until they call the police... it will be a nice adventure ...!! ;)
just joking a little bit ... but the rule for night trains is official - if they don't know it, it is not your problem !! :)
never get in panic - always enjoy the adventure !!
Peter :)

Userpic

belgarion
Traveller
3 comments

replied 15 years ago

Lol it sounds like a good idea ; i'll try it :)