Userpic

evelyn11
Traveller
15 comments

Posted 7 years ago

Hi,

I was just wondering does anyone know if you can use the interrail pass on the ferry from Venice to Pula?

On the interrail site it mentions a discount on Ancona to Split and Pescara to Croatian islands but I don't know about Venice to Pula.

A ferry ticket costs €72 so a discount with the interrail pass would be great!

Thanks!

Evelyn

Follow this topic
Userpic

ntrain
Traveller
123 comments

replied 7 years ago

No-there are dozens of all different ferries/companies running old+older boats on the Adriatic. All have their own prices and conditions. As a relic from the past (same-same for UK-FR ferries) some in the past have arrangements with the railways for passengers. Also: this is not really a boat-link that serves ''normal'' travellers-most of it runs aimed at day-excursions FROm Istria peninsula to Venezia-and you can only board in VNZ if there are any spare seats left.
The normal passenger takes the train to Trst=Triëste and then walks to the adjacent Autosilo=busstazione and looks for buses-another change somewhere in Istria might help to give more+faster connections. In general one can assume that ''ferries'' serving the SAME coast are just for fun and thus hi-priced: would be the same as assuming a ferry from Southampton to Plymouth.

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 7 years ago

Hi Evelyn!

Unfortunately there is no discount available on the ferry as far as I know.

We are official partners of interrail.eu - to support the free information and the forum on railcc, please be fair and buy your official Interrail pass via our railcc partner link: [ux]https://rail.shop/interrail[/ux]
Thank you! :)

Flo 8)