Userpic

jchanree
Traveller
0 comments

Posted 8 years ago

hi, guys

i am going to travel Europe with Interrail pass and if I want to go through Paris, I need to book a ticket before I get a train but that booking and reservation fee are very expensive around 20 euro for one ticket. So I want to ask that, if I try to get a ticket at a station when I want to go to Paris and to get out of Paris, can I buy a ticket at a station a few days before I get a train? I mean not with online.
Also, if I buy a ticket at a station, don't I need to pay any booking or reservation fee?

Thanks,

Follow this topic
Userpic

Coryza
Traveller
57 comments

replied 8 years ago

Hi Jchanree,

You can make reservations in France at the ticket-offices as well at the ticket-machines (multiple languages available, rather easy). Do notice that with an Interrail ticket there are a limited number of seats available, so last-minute reservations may be tricky. Furthermore it depends which trains you take to get into Paris... there are always free options - but those take significantly longer. Reservations for inbound TGV's for example range from Euro 6 to Euro 9 (if made on time), otherwise Euro 18.

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10724 comments

replied 8 years ago

Hi!

[b]Domestic[/b] TGV (French high speed trains) have a limited number of 9€ reservations and an unlimited number of 18€ reservations (available until the train is full). Available either online at [ux]https://rail.shop/sncf/reservation/[/ux] or at a train station. Not available at ticket machines, at least when I last checked in April.

[b]International[/b] TGV services can sometimes have a limited number of Interrail reservations available, prices range from ~9€ to ~25€. Reservations are only available at stations.

There are no booking fees at French stations as far as I know.

We are official partners of interrail.eu - to support the free information and the forum on railcc, please be fair and buy your official Interrail pass via our railcc partner link: [ux]https://rail.shop/interrail[/ux]
Thank you! :)

Flo 8)

Userpic

Coryza
Traveller
57 comments

replied 8 years ago

I was able to make reservations only on the French ticket machines, in Nice as well as Avignon. In the end I went to the ticket office because the trains were full :((

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10724 comments

replied 8 years ago

So you were able to get reservations at the ticket machines? I dont quite understand...