Userpic

Dragan91
Traveller
4 comments

Posted 8 years ago

Hy people, in few months im planing to backpack through Europe. So this is the route i want to go: Budapest, Bratislava,Wienna, Prague, Nurnberg,Munchen, Dortmund,Amsterdam,Gent,Luxembourg,Stuttgart,Vaduz,Inssbruck,Graz,Ljubljana,Maribor,Zagreb and than go home to Belgrade... Im planing to bye interrail ticket 22 days...I just want to know is this route evan possible, and could i visit all this cityes with 800e..I have to mantion that i just want to see atractions of cityies, im not planing to go out during nights :D

Follow this topic
Userpic

anonymous
Traveller
2467 comments

replied 8 years ago

Hey Dragan! Do you count the ticket and accommodation into your budget? For Bratislava, Budapest, Prague, Ljubljana, Maribor and Zagreb 20e / day is just about enough, for Vienna and further it might get a bit more expensive (say 40e / day, just to be safe), but yeah, it all depends on what kind of stuff you plan to do while walking around, what attractions do you have in mind, what kind of food are you into, etc.. :)

Userpic

Dragan91
Traveller
4 comments

replied 8 years ago

Well that 800 e is for accomodation, suvenirs and things like that, i hope that it will be enough. :D But ofc i can change my route and come back home if i cannot aford for bread,water and other similarly things xD

Userpic

ntrain
Traveller
123 comments

replied 8 years ago

you can (maybe) cut cost by trying couchsurfing- a kind of facebook aimed at people staying/offering stay for free in their home/room. many poor young East-Euro's do that. But in main cities like f.e. AMSterdam host-givers get so many requests-and all for same summertime-they are often overwhelmed. But hey-you have free train travel, so can easily visit minor towns/villlages!
The route as such is perfectly feasible, though with mostly short distacne you cannot really take advantage of using overnite trains. Simply do a try-out for possible timings and nr of changes on any of the multitude of euro-train-travelplanners, also linked to this site.
You MIGHT think of cutting down to a fewer nr of stops and staying longer in each and then using f.e. the 10 or 15 days in 1 month ticket-so you cannot travel every day, but this may work out a little cheaper.
Expect food in shops to be about same price as Serbiye nowadays, but prepared ready to eat will cost an awful lot more in West-Eur due to higher wages. I many hostels there is some kind of kichen to do cooking yourself. AND its not obligatory to eat spaghetti every day then.