Userpic

interrailer13
Traveller
0 comments

Posted 8 years ago

Hi, I'm just looking for some advice regarding routes and also, places to visit. I have mentioned above the main places I would like to visit, but I am flexible. Also am unsure of where to start and end. Ultimately it would be preferable if Budapest could be the last or one of the last stops as we plan to go to a festival there. If you have any advice/opinion re where to go in Croatia that would be great...also if you think there are good places that we should try & include? Rearranging of the route isn't an issue..I've spent so long looking at maps trying to figure out how things would work out best, but am still pretty clueless...Ultimately it would be ideal if Amsterdam could be one of the places we begin or end, priceless regarding flights.
We will be getting a 15 day pass with 5 travel days.
Any help at all would be so, so helpful & I thank you in advance! :D

Follow this topic
Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 8 years ago

Hi!

How much time do you have overall and how long do you want to stay at Budapest (are you going to Sziget?)?

With the 5in15 I'd try to put Budapest at the end of the trip so that you would have enough time at the other destinations.

Starting from Amsterdam, going to Berlin is easy: [u]https://rail.cc/blog/amsterdam-berlin/[/u]
From Berlin, you could take the night train to Vienna, visit the city for a few hours and then head to Lake Bled in the evening - or you skip Vienna and take the train right after arriving in the morning.
However, the night train to Vienna would require the use of two travel days if you are travelling before 5th August because it leaves before 19:00 until then which means you cant use the 1900rule for night trains.

If you need two travel days, I'd instead leave Berlin in the morning and travel to either Dresden or Prague to spend the day there and take the night train to Vienna from there - that way you would also need two travel days but could see one extra city.

This would leave you with just two travel days to get to Croatia and Budapest...so I'd look into Istria (Pula) or the Rijeka area. Going to Split would be too far probably.

We are official partners of interrail.eu - to support the free information and the forum on railcc, please be fair and buy your official Interrail pass via our railcc partner link: [ux]https://rail.shop/interrail[/ux]
Thank you! :)

Flo 8)