Userpic

volty
Traveller
3 comments

Posted 15 years ago

Hi,

In France we have some special tickets named Chèque Vacances to buy anything related to tourism, including train journeys. Do you know if I can biu Interrail card via SNCF (french train company) and buy Interrail card with those Chèques ?

I tried to ask them but they did not answer for the moment, and I'm in a hurry to take my tickets?

Moreover, is a one month interrail card starting the first day we take a train in a foreign, or is it obliged to go from 1st to 30th of the month?

Thanks for your answers :)

Follow this topic
Userpic

admin
Traveller
203 comments

replied 15 years ago

Hi
The ticket lasts one month from the date that you want it to start. So you can have a ticket which becomes valid on 15th July, or any other date, if you wish.
Sorry, I don't know about Chèque Vacances. Bon chance et bonne journee.
iaink

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9331 comments

replied 15 years ago

hi ...

I don't think so that you get a reduction with the Chèque vacances, as the InterRail ticket is an European ticket organized by a company in the Netherlands...

but let us know what SNCF says... :)

all the best,
Peter
:)

Userpic

Nico
Traveller
8 comments

replied 15 years ago

Hello,

[quote] Do you know if I can biu Interrail card via SNCF (french train company) and buy Interrail card with those Chèques ?[/quote]

Since SNCF accepts the Chèques Vacances, you may buy an Interrail with it, it should work fine !

Nico.