Userpic

krasmussen
Traveller
25 comments

Posted 9 years ago

I have tried to book beds in the EN 477 from Berlin to Budapest on 27-06-2015.
This train seems to be blocked for booking - bahn.de promote cheap tickets from 29€, but when you try to book them it fails. DB can not book them over phone either...

Does anyone know when this sector will open for booking? OR are there any informations about construction work on this sector, so that I will have to search for a new connection?

Kind regards

Kim

Follow this topic
Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9333 comments

replied 9 years ago

Hi Kim.

Here on railcc we use the following Bahn-booking tool: [ux]https://rail.shop/bahn[/ux]
Same (special) prices for you, same service, same conditions, 1:1 the same - but with your purchase, you support the rail.cc project. Thank you! :)

I just tired the booking and got trough up to the point before making the final order. Just try here:
[u]https://rail.shop/bahn/Berlin-Hbf/Budapest-Keleti/1800/2706[/u]

The reason why the ticket wasn't available the days before might be the annual change in the European train schedules which takes place on the second weekend in June. Therefore sometimes trains are still blocked.

Pete :)

Userpic

krasmussen
Traveller
25 comments

replied 9 years ago

Sure I remember to use rail.shop/bahn - sorry for not mention it.

But it still fails - I enter all creditcard information, inkl. the verrified code from my bank, anf then it fails.
If I call DB they just say that the train is blocked...

Thansk for drawing my attention to the fact that the summer-plan will start just two weeks before.
But do you know when MAV (or is it DB?) will enter the informations in their databases and open for booking? What is usual happenn around the summer-plan, is it one week, two weeks or even more?

Kind regards

Kim

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9333 comments

replied 9 years ago

Hi Kim.
Okay, then the train is indeed blocked. And you have to wait - and try from day to day. There is no possibility to find out the date when booking is available. I'm sorry.
Pete :)

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10724 comments

replied 9 years ago

Hi Kim!

The night train Berlin - Vienna/Budapest has been making troubles for many months now... :(
I remember wanting to book Vienna - Berlin back in Novemeber last year and got the same error as you - in the last step of the booking.
Back then it was a problem with a wrong train number in the database...but I do not know if this may be the issue now. Maybe it is due to the timetable change...I do not know. :|
I havent heard of this issue lately though...
Have you been trying to book Berlin - Budapest (the night train) only?

Flo 8)

Userpic

krasmussen
Traveller
25 comments

replied 9 years ago

Thanks a lot

Yes, I have tried only the EN.

I have now talked with DB Group-department (we are 16 persons), and they can't book it either.
I asked them up to which date they could book, and as you may have guessed until 13-06 - so it is properly just the summer timeplan-change...

Flo, do you know when MAV use to update the database, and open for booking upto a timeplan-change?

Kim

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10724 comments

replied 9 years ago

Hej Kim,

wow, you are travelling in a group of 16? Nice! :)
...unfortunately I cant tell when MAV will update the database - I'd recommend contacting MAV Start directly, in my experience they have a rather good email support in english.

Flo 8)

Userpic

krasmussen
Traveller
25 comments

replied 9 years ago

OK, I just contacted MAV, their respond is below.

16 persons is nothing - in summer 2013 we where 108 scouts together, all on Interrail tickets. The conductor from Munich to Budapest thought I was joking with him when he ask Haben Sie auch ein Platzreservertion? and I answer Nein, nicht ein, aber 108. When he got all the papers he had to call his colleague... We argreed that I could guarantee that all tickets where correct filled out with two dates, and then point out my group - then the did not inspect tickets at all....

Well but this time only 16, and Interrail is not the cheapest option, so I like to book SpareNight tickets - I hope they will open it soon.

Answer from MAV:
Dear Kim Rasmussen,

We would like to inform you that your information is correct, the train is closed for later dates due to schedule modification. The train can only be opened after the announcement of the modified schedule, but unfortunately, we cannot tell exactly when the train will be opened. Usually it happens at least few weeks before the change, but there is not fixed time. We would recommend to check our website regularly, where you will see the offers, when the train is opened.

Best Regards,
László Hegedűs
customer service expert

/Kim

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10724 comments

replied 9 years ago

108 scouts?! Sweet! :o

OK...so just the usual problem with the timetable change... :/