Userpic

conchur
Traveller
4 comments

Posted 9 years ago

Hi has anyone on here ever used Amoma.com for booking hostels / Budget hotels for inter-railing as i have already booked a few for 2015 on the site and i am now worrying in case anyone has had any problems with them or did everything go smoothly , any advice appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Follow this topic
Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9331 comments

replied 9 years ago

Hi.
Your second post now about Amoma. Are you working for them, promoting them? :)
If you want to support the railcc project, make your booking via [ux]https://rail.shop/bookingcom[/ux] , [ux]https://rail.shop/hostelworld[/ux] - Thank you. Amoma is nothing else like all these other booking engines using APIs of different booking websites. If you want to do something good to hostels you stay, book directly on their website as they have to give high commissions to such booking websites. In total prices for travellers accommodations rise using such websites like Amoma: as hostels have to pay high commissions to booking engines - and get back the money from travellers by higher their prices for their stays. The advertising of such booking engines with words like find the cheapest price is a bit ridiculus as in total only the booking engines make money - a lot of money - the traveler in total don't save money. Just as a little look behind the scenes and explanation. And Amoma is the same like other booking engines - it doesn't really matters where you book. :)
Peter :)

Userpic

conchur
Traveller
4 comments

replied 9 years ago

Thanks peter, i am sorry that it is my second post, i was pretty sure i posted it before but i could not find the originally post ( i have now ) , and thank you i will be sure to book through there direct website :) Much appreciated .

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9331 comments

replied 9 years ago

Hi. :)
Just click on the photo of your profile in the top right corner of this site. Then you see your profile with all your posts. :)
In January we start with a new version of the website, where everything is easier to find.
Peter :)