Userpic

accioastra
Traveller
0 comments

Posted 9 years ago

As a first time interrailer I just want some advice on the following route option to know what is possible and what isn't

I am thinking of flying from London Southend Airport-Amsterdam and want to end up in Berlin so I can fly easily home to my local airport (Southend)
Amsterdam-Brussels-Copenhagen-Gothenburg-Bergen-Stockholm-Helsinki-Warsaw-Budapest-Vienna-Prague-Berlin

The general order doesn't matter as long as the start and end destinations are respected, I am aware that this is potentially too many destinations and I am happy to sacrifice a few. Helsinki seems to be causing the most problems with the overall routes because of lack of connections, so any help or advice will be gladly accepted.

I'm travelling on my own and I want to keep to a fairly tight budget but do not mind spending a little extra when need be. Because of travelling alone I also want to go to areas where students/young people are prominent however, I'm not a massive party girl so a mix of the cultural and the social would be perfect.

Follow this topic
Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1346 comments

replied 9 years ago

start with the blaming obvious: WHen and for how long? Its all feasible, but you need time for it. Boats STO-Finl (cheap via Turku-luxurious direct to HEL) are also-offseason, plenty. LSN=Stansted has many more cheap flites.
I, the sometimes grundling continental, am again surprised about the (non?)way of thinking of young Brits: claim to be on budget, but choose the most expensive Scandi countries, do not know to think yes or no and make it thus about impossible to say anything for definitive. In general their idea of cheapness is quite diverse from that of us, poor conti's.
Oh; if its for summer: all those long blond+blue-eyes ABBA lookalike Scandi hot boys are on holiday themselves too. Mostly to Asia or USA.

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9332 comments

replied 9 years ago

Hi.
Just a short note...
London-Amsterdam is also available as Rail&Sail - if I'm right for GBP 49.
Read here: [u]https://rail.cc/blog/from-london-to-amsterdam-with-the-dutchflyer/[/u]
Peter :)