Userpic

Bohemianism
Traveller
3 comments

Posted 16 years ago

All right, after a couple of months of discussions, a friend and I have decided to get Interrail-passes in August this year. We are seventeen years old and our plan is as follows
(first, we work like fucking idiots for two months so that we can afford it;-))
Hitchiking down from Gothenburg to Malmo, where we buy the passes so we don't have to lose one day of travel by going there. Then we have this list of cities to visit:
Berlin, Krakow, Prague, Ljublijana, Istanbul, that Greek city where you can go by ferry to Ancona, Civitavecchia, Barcelona, Paris, Amsterdam and back home. That makes twelve cities in thirty days - is that too much?

My other questions are:
Is the calculator on your site fairly accurate? In that case, it seems much cheaper than expected (yes, I know that it doesn't include the ticket).
Is it impossible to sleep on a beach or in a park? We don't want to book lots of hostels, we prefer to improvise!
Which way is the easiest when we want to go to Istanbul?
How much does the ferry to Barcelona from Civitavecchia cost? And are there any age limits on the ferries?
And finally, is there anything on our list of cities that you feel is overrated? Is there anything really important that's not in the list? Please tell us! 8)

Follow this topic
Userpic

anonymous
Traveller
2467 comments

replied 16 years ago

hiya,

i never book hostels in advance and i always end up sleeping just fine. slept in a couple of parks, at train stations etc. especially if you go in august you shouldn't worry about it. improvise and have fun.

12 cities isn't too much for 30 days. depends how much of a tourist you wanna be.

:arr: [ux]https://rail.shop/hostelworld[/ux]

Userpic

Bohemianism
Traveller
3 comments

replied 16 years ago

Hey, thank you!

That sounds great! We probably want to have somewhat of an adventure so sleeping in parks or on beaches isn't a problem for us!

Well, the plans can of course be changed during the trip but that sounds nice.

Another thing I just thought of was contact lenses. Can you bring them and use them, or is an Interrail-trip too anti-hygienical? :| =)

Userpic

Emma
Traveller
11 comments

replied 15 years ago

You'll be fine with contact lenses. It's even easy to buy the cleaning solution as you go (which I had expected to be difficult). However, be careful to always leave lense cases to dry near some of your other belongings, and be aware not to leave them in bathrooms, otherwise they get cleaned up.