Userpic

anagordalina
Traveller
0 comments

Posted 10 years ago

Hey guys !
I've never done an interrail yet so I'm having some problems doing some search.
I'd like to know if you can help me to find the cheapest way to travel from lisbon to budapeste. I'm only thinking about doing this trip in 2015 but I was curious about the prices so I could know if it would be worth the planning because if it is to expensive I will have to think about something else ! :|
Thanks for your time!

Follow this topic
Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9333 comments

replied 10 years ago

Hi.
Still a long time to go. Train schedules will change, maybe some night trains disappear, maybe not ... difficult to tell.
Also important if you want to travel as fast as possible or to have some stops in between?
An option would be Lisbon (night train) - Madrid (EUR 10) - Barcelona
Then along the French coast via Marseille to Nice (free with Interrail).
Nice - Italy - Lake Bled (also possible to travel for free with Interrail)
Lake Bled - Ljubljana - Budapest (free with Interrail).
Please read this: [u]https://rail.cc/en/first-time-interrail[/u]
Peter :)

Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1390 comments

replied 10 years ago

For such a trip flying is nearly always the cheapest-IF you book wisely and in advance. Try RYANair or WIZZair (this one mostly from Spain). InterRail is a good choice If you want to see more of Europe, like to travel by train and have plenty of time for that. Try out the sites to see what prices are now-they will likely be a bit higher next year, but not that much in %. You can also combine: fly 1 way and do the trains the other way, visiting several countries you have always dreamt of.
For normal tickets by train this is nearly impossible-you probably cannot even buy that anymore from CP, you have to split up in segments