Userpic

andyceltic
Traveller
6 comments

Posted 9 years ago

So I'm in Paris at the moment and will be moving on to Amsterdam in a couple of days however I've noticed there is barriers at gare du nord. We will be looking to get a train from gare du nord to Lyon do I go to the ticket office with my pas?

Follow this topic
Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 9 years ago

I dont quite get the question? With what train do you want to go to Amsterdam? And what does that have to do with the connection from Gare du Nord to Gare de Lyon?

There are ticket barriers only if you want to board a Eurostar or in the RER network; do you want to go with the RER from Gare du Nord to Gare du Lyon? Then you need to get a free ticket to get through the gates at a ticket office in the RER station.

If you purchased your InterRail tickets through [ux]https://rail.shop/interrail[/ux] please contact me or Peter with your order reference number; otherwise please ask at the company where you bought your passes, thank you. :)

Userpic

andyceltic
Traveller
6 comments

replied 9 years ago

It's gare du nord to Lille sorry!

There would be no barriers for that connection?
Thanks for the info

Userpic

andyceltic
Traveller
6 comments

replied 9 years ago

It's says sncb from the route on here in using sorry

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 9 years ago

No, but you might need a reservation depending on the train you want to get.

I dont get that with SNCB?

Userpic

andyceltic
Traveller
6 comments

replied 9 years ago

Sncf sorry. Auto correct on my phone changed it. Thanks that greats we got out reservation alreadfu

Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1346 comments

replied 9 years ago

There are NO all-time barriers for the TGV trains there. The barriers are for innercity metro and RER.
There MAY be sometimes, set up manned barriers for busy trains or when they do some non-strike extra ticket checks-then show Pass+ REServation.
In the Paris area you can use IR on SNCF-portions of the RER-as thats state train (only when they are not on strike). For that you have to ask for ''contremarque'' at the windows-but often there is noone there then, then you have bad luck.
ALL this info is in the general info-also in that green booklet you should have had when buying pass. Reading is a nice thing, but very hard for many.