Userpic

charlot
Traveller
0 comments

Posted 9 years ago

Hello,
I want to go to Istanbul via Sofia with the pass interrail but I have not yet my passeport number (I will have my passeport one week before for the trip at latest).
Is there any problem if I have only the IDcard number on the pass interrail to go to Bulgary ?
Thanks in advance for your answer

Follow this topic
Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 9 years ago

Hi!

You can enter Bulgaria with a valid passport or ID - however I dont know about the forms of ID you have in France and you might check at the Ministère des affaires étrangères.
Oh, and you can use your ID to enter as document number in your pass. :)

To support the free information and the forum on railcc, please be fair and buy your official Interrail pass via our railcc partner link: [ux]https://rail.shop/interrail[/ux]
Thank you! :)

Flo 8)

Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1346 comments

replied 9 years ago

You French have a state-provided carte national d'ídentitë. THis is enough to travel the whole EU (know your basic rights-we learnt that in school) and also some countreis at the edge, like Turkey (but still VISA needed! most be prearranged via www now!!), Serbije and some more. You MUST always be able to show that ID, whatever you have chosen, with the IR, and an IR can only be issued with a ID-nr on it. of course you can take that passpt with you too.