Userpic

Arkan295
Traveller
1 comments

Posted 10 years ago

Hi! This is my first post here and also my first time Interrailing in Europe.

I live in Czech Republic and planning a interrail trip like this:
Brno-Wien-Munchen-Paris-Brussels-Amsterdam-Hamburg-Berlín-Dresden-Brno

But since I know that Ceske Drahy (the Czech Train Company) doesnt give any discount I will need to buy tickets from and to Brno in the start and the end of my trip.
My question is:
From where do actually we can use the Interrail pass? Is it from the border/grenze station INSIDE our country or OUTSIDE our country?

Fór example the trip from Brno to Wien, looks like this:
Brno hl.n. - Břeclav(CZ) - Hohenau (A) - Wien Westbahnhof
Can I start it from Břeclav or do I start it from Hohenau? Should I buy ticket of Brno-Břeclav or Brno-Hohenau?
Thanks anyway everyone!

Follow this topic
Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 10 years ago

Hi!

This depends on your route; if you start your trip via Breclav - Hohenau, you will need a ticket to the border point which in this case is Breclav (Gr) (the Gr stands for Grenze/border), which lies in between the actual stations of Breclav and Hohenau.
Anyway, as far as I know, CD should give you 45% discount for the travel from your city to the border... :)

Flo 8)

Userpic

Arkan295
Traveller
1 comments

replied 10 years ago

Well I am planning to take the Intercity train directly from Brno which doesnt stop at Břeclav Grenze... Only in Břeclav and Hohenau...

In that case, should I still buy the ticket until Břeclav Gr, or... Maybe play the fool tourist and buy only until Břeclav? ;)

Anyway thanks fór d info about CD discount!

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 10 years ago

No train stops at Breclav (Gr) this is no actual station. Austrian train staff will only care about your IR pass but Czech conductors probably wont like it if you only have a ticket to Breclav - but I think you will only get one to Breclav (Gr) anyway if you as for the IR discount.